Nails are important to some women as it serves as a venue for design and style. Some people may wish to increase the speed at which their nails grow, so they will be able to experiment and change their nails more often. Here are 4 tips to make your nails grow faster, including: good nail maintenance, proper diet, home remedies and biotin supplements.
Good Nail Maintenance
- Letting your nails get jagged and rough can make them weak, which causes them to weaken and break off. For nails that grow long and strong, it’s important to keep them well-manicured and clean.
- Don’t use harsh products on your nails. Using strong chemicals on your nails can cause them to weaken over time. Try to find natural, non-toxic nail polish and nail polish remover to care for your nails, and protect your hands from strong detergents and other chemicals as you go about your day.
- Treat your nails gently. Subjecting your nails to biting, ripping, or other damaging habits can cause them to get weak and soft. Be gentle with your nails to give them the chance to grow healthy and strong.
- Stop biting your nails. If you bite your nails, they never have a chance to grow, so take measures to stop this habit as soon as you can. There are drugstore products that you can apply to your nails to prevent biting if you cannot stop.
- Wear a nail strengthening polish. Drug stores sell polishes you can paint on your nails to help them get stronger. Look for a clear polish that contains nutrients that promote nail growth. Source: wikiHow
As with all parts of your body, your nails are affected by what you eat — or don’t eat. Dr. Debbie Palmer, dermatologist and creator of Replere, advises noshing on protein-rich foods including beans, fish, and nuts for stronger, healthier nails, while celebrity manicurist Holly Falcone recommends incorporating biotin, Vitamin E, and fish oil into your diet. Source: GoodHouseKeeping
Garlic is effective to make your nails grow fast. Apply garlic paste to your nails twice a week or simply cut a garlic clove in half and rub it on your nails. Its juices will be absorbed by your nail.
Dry and dull nails are prone to breakage. Moisturize your nails with olive oil, take few drops of olive oil in your palm and rub it on your nails. Source: 7BeautyTips
You won’t make your nails grow more quickly if you take this dietary supplement. But several studies show that biotin can strengthen brittle nails, making them less likely to split or break, so you may be able to grow your nails longer after taking the supplement regularly.
Biotin is often sold by itself as a dietary supplement or as an ingredient in vitamins sold to improve the look of the skin, hair, and/or nails.
“They all have significant amounts of biotin in them, plus calcium and silicon in some form,” says dermatologist Amy Newburger, MD, of St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Medical Center in New York.
The Institute of Medicine has not determined a safe upper limit for this dietary supplement due to lack of information about its possible side effects. Although it seems unlikely that someone could get too much biotin, don’t take large doses unless you’re under the close care of a dermatologist or other doctor.
“I take it myself and do feel it helps with nails,” says D’Anne Kleinsmith, MD, a dermatologist in West Bloomfield, Mich. Source: webMD
Signature Mobile Spa
19505 68 A Avenue Surrey, BC V4N 6R3