Stress is an unpleasant fact of life that we all experience for various reasons. In this short post we’ll discuss some ways to relax, including: meditating, exercising and pampering.
Below are 3 ways to relax:
It’s not as new-age as it sounds. No moonstones and patchouli oil required. In fact it’s really easy and effective.
It’s basically awareness; listening to your own breathing, looking at a view, or it can be whatever you like as long as you clear your mind of other thoughts and cares. You may find it helpful to repeat a mantra at the same time to make focus easier.
If you want something less free-form there are various types of meditation that you can learn from, Transcendental Meditation to Heart Rhythm Meditation. All have a different slant on awareness and relaxation.
Try it when you feel yourself getting stressed or as a preventative measure for 5 to 10 minutes a day. Source: webMD.Boots
This is the best-known, scientifically-proven way to significantly reduce stress. You’ll be amazed at how much easier it is to overcome stress if you exercise regularly. Here are some ideas to try:
- Aim for at least thirty minutes per day of moderate activity.
- Walk in the park, in the woods, or on a treadmill.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park a little further away from the entrance of a store.
- Ride a bike.
- Go swimming. Try your local pool, a nearby lake or a friend or relative’s home. You do not have to be an excellent swimmer; just the idea of being in water could be relaxing enough.
- Stretch. Lower your shoulders to help relax. Be more consciously aware of the tension that is quick to accumulate in your shoulders and neck region. Source: wikiHow
Get a spa treatment like a massage or pedicure. Or draw yourself a bubble bath with aromatic oils. If you have trouble disconnecting from your stress in these situations, close your eyes and imagine a place (a beach, a forest, etc.) that makes you calm. Source: Dummies
Contact us today to have our team come pamper you in your own home and get that relaxation on!
Signature Mobile Spa
19505 68 A Avenue Surrey, BC