Body care helps us to preserve our beauty and youthful appearance and also serves as a good excuse to take a little time for yourself. Indulge yourself with one of these different types of body treatments, such as: body scrubs, body wraps and body massage.
What is exfoliation, scrubs, glows and polishes? Outer layer of dead skin cells are removed to make room for new, softer and smoother skin.
- Exfoliation:As you lay face down, the therapist rubs a scrub mixture onto your skin. When done, you will turn over and the therapist will continue on your other side
- Rinse:After exfoliation, you’ll rinse off without soap in one of the following ways:
- Shower: In a shower stall provided in the room
- Vichy Shower(If you are on a wet treatment table): The therapist rinses you off using a special six-headed shower that is parallel to the table
- Hand Held(If you are on a wet treatment table): Using a hand-held shower, the therapist rinses you off
- Moisturize:A lotion or oil may be applied to keep the skin moist
- Salt scrubs: Increases circulation and has stronger exfoliating power than sugar scrubs
- Sugar:More gentle than salt, it is ideal for sensitive skin. Has anti-aging properties because it produces glycolic acid (an alpha-hydroxy acid) that gives skin a younger appearance naturally. Source: SheerBalance
The body wrap is a pleasant treatment which involves applying a mask all over the body, before cocooning it from the shoulders to the ankles in some form of warm, insulating material designed to raise the body’s temperature. The extra heat is supposed to open up the pores and boost circulation to aid the absorption of the mask’s active ingredients into the skin.
Wrap materials include:
- Mylar -similar to aluminium, this flexible, non-porous insulator offers a particularly intense warmth.
- Sheets and blankets – used when a lower temperature is required for the mask to work.
- Ceramic heating blankets and pads – these wraps are used alongside mud and seaweed wraps to draw out fluids and toxins from the pores.
The body wrap is the treatment to choose if you want:
- detoxified skin
- inch loss
- time to relax
- a feeling of revitalisation
- taut, youthful skin
- to soothe tired muscles. Source: BeautyResource
Massages are the most widespread form of spa treatments, with a large number of variations. A hot stone massage combines warmth and coolness that helps the body to heal and detoxify. This also enhances lymph flow and helps flush out waste. A Swedish massage is the commonest form of massage. It involves long strokes of muscles and tissues with light or medium pressure. This is mostly used for pure relaxation purposes. Chair massage is a kind of seated massage that is pretty short and focuses on your shoulders, neck, arms and back. Deep tissue massage is a type of massage therapy that mainly stresses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and tissues. Some of the same strokes are used as classic massage therapy, but the movement is a lot slower and the pressure applied is the highest. Trigger point massage therapy is particularly offered to mollify the root point of the pain by repeated series of pressure and release. Source: TheHolidaySpot
Contact us today for the body treatment of your choice!
Signature Mobile Spa
19505 68 A Avenue Surrey, BC