It is very important to take care of your skin before, during and after your spray tanning sessions for maximum result. Read on to learn several important tips to remember to achieve your dream tanned skin.
Here are important tips to remember before, during and after spray tanning:
- Avoid using deodorant before your spray tan appointment as it will provide a barrier to the spray tan’s absorption.
- Try not to apply moisturizer prior to having a spray tan as it will interrupt the absorption of the spray tan.
- Where possible, always shave or wax at least 24 hours prior to a spray tan appointment, as hair removal after a spray tan will remove the tan. Source: sheknows.com
- Wear undergarments to protect sensitive areas.
- Use protective eyewear.
- Keep your mouth closed and use lip balm to protect your lips.
- Avoid inhaling the product through your nose, and use plugs to keep your nose closed. Source: SunTanCity.com
- Rinse off the remaining color with warm water. Once the water runs clear, gently wash yourself with a mild soap.’
- Check your product labels and avoid any that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s), as they can strip color.’
- Avoid swimming pools as the chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.’
- Moisturizing is key because the better condition your skin is in, the longer your tan will last.’
- Five to seven days after your spray tan, exfoliate your skin and repeat this every two days thereafter to ensure that your tan fades evenly. Source: MarieClaire.co.uk
If you want learn more about spray tanning services, please give us a call or email us here.