Having a bad hair day because of frizz? Read more to check out ways on how to avoid frizzy hair.
- Comb Your Hair While in the Shower – Never While It’s Dry – Applying a dry brush against dry hair can create fullness and puffiness that you wouldn’t want in the summer. Brush your hair using a wide-toothed comb in the shower while it’s conditioned, then rinse. If you need to untangle it a bit while it’s dry, try combing through it with your fingers. Source: Cosmopolitan
- Put Moisture Back in Your Mane – Frizzy hair tends to be drier, so you need to put moisture into it. Use a conditioner, a natural oil, or a frizz cream, Baker says. He says natural oils are better than synthetic because they are absorbed into the hair. Synthetic silicon moisturizers, on the other hand, lie on top of the hair, making it appear dirty. Source: WebMD
- It’s All in the Technique – Washing your hair too frequently can wash away its natural oils, which help to nourish and hydrate. Try to cut back to washing two to three times a week, especially during the winter when the central-heating is on. It’s not just how often you’re washing though, it’s also the techniques you’re using – ‘Shampoo your hair using your finger tips and apply and massage to the scalp. This will clean your scalp and natural oils, but leave the dry mid shaft to ends of your hair in better condition,’ explains hair stylist Ken Paves. ‘The water and shampoo, as it rinses over the ends of your strands, will lift away any styling products or environmental debris but won’t cause further dehydration.’ Source: HarpersBazaar
- Pick the Right Products –Styling products help protect your hair from heat and tame flyaways, making them a must for battling frizz. Just make sure you’re using the right products for your hair type—otherwise you run the risk of your locks looking greasy, instead of fresh and bouncy like Katie Holmes’s look. If you have fine hair, Mena suggests using a lightweight anti-frizz milk or lotion such as Klorane Leave-In Cream with Papyrus Milk. Those with coarse hair should opt for a thicker treatment oil, like Moroccanoil Treatment, to give frizz-prone manes the moisture they need. Source: DailyMakeover
- Use Your Fingers to Comb Your Hair –Brushes and combs create friction that can damage your hair or upset the strands, causing more frizz. Breakage and frizzing are even more likely when using a dry brush on dry hair. To reduce frizz from brushing, use your fingers to untangle your hair when it is dry. If necessary, use a wide-tooth comb in the shower to properly distribute conditioner and untangle hair. Avoid using combs on dry hair. Source: WikiHow
If you want more information about hair care, please contact us!
Signature Mobile Spa
19505 68 A Avenue