Are you women opting for some pamper time with friends on a spa party? Read on for general party planning tips as well as great spa-themed decorations, spa services and food suggestions.
Below are 3 spa party planning tips:
If you want to splurge, hire well-known aestheticians from a local spa or local cosmetology students to give your guests professional spa treatments. Lilly says you can also set up spa stations around your home and your girlfriends can take turns pampering themselves and each other. Here are some treatments you can provide:
- Store-bought microabrasion treatments
- Scalp/hair conditioning treatments
- Paraffin wax treatments
- Hand and shoulder massages
- Facial masks: Whip up an easy mask beforehand with inexpensive ingredients. Lilly suggests mixing 3 tablespoons of yogurt, 2 teaspoons of honey and half a lemon’s juice, per guest. Make it the day before and chill overnight. Apply and allow to dry for 15 minutes. Remove with a warm towel. Source: Oprah
- Form a canopy over the party table using streamers. The streamers should cascade from a bow in the middle (attached to the chandelier or the ceiling) to the sides of the room.
- Create eye mask-shaped placemats for the food table using craft paper. Decorate each placemat with a guest’s name and sparkly stickers, and then cover it with clear contact paper.
- If you have access to a pool, you can incorporate some relaxing swim time into the spa experience. Fold towels for each guest, and lay them out by the pool.
- Set up a bubble blower in one corner of the party area and have bubbles floating around your guests.
- Set out vases filled with flowers (daisies are a great choice) on tables and windowsills around the party area.
- Set out an abundance of lightly-scented candles to add to the relaxing atmosphere. Turn the lights down a little so the candlelight is more apparent.
- Fill the floor of the party area with fluffy blankets, overstuffed pillows, and other comfy things your guests could lounge on. Source: BirthdayInABox
Fresh fruit and vegetables trays are perfect for a spa party. Add some delicious creamy or zesty dips for the vegetables and chocolate fondue, whipped yogurt or caramel dips for the fruit.
Cheese trays and shrimp rings are also excellent choices. Make them up yourself or order them from your local deli.
If you’re feeling ambitious a few canapés and petite fours would also add to the luxuriousness of your home spa party. Source: Diva-Girl-Parties-And-Stuff