- Don’t reach for products that are high-definition, anti-aging, or contain SPF, which will give your face a white cast in photos.HD powders and anti-aging concealers are great when used minimally, but if you use even the slightest bit too much, the particles in the products will act as mirrors and reflect the camera’s flash, leaving you with a ghostly pale face.
If your wedding is outside, it’s a good idea to use products with SPF, but be careful that it doesn’t leave behind an ashy or bluish tone on your skin. If you can, Maulawizada recommends skipping foundation with SPF altogether just for your wedding to prevent the possibility of a face that’s too light for your body. Source: Cosmopolitan
- Eyebrow Maintenance Too Close to the Wedding Day.Don’t wait till the last minute to trip your eyebrows. Have them done at least 4 days before the wedding to give them a chance to heal. This one doesn’t seem obvious, but when we’re nervous, your skin becomes 10 times more sensitive. If you’ve never had breakouts or red bumps after having your eyebrows waxed, you might very well get them now when you are sensitive! Source: TopWeddingSites
- Don’t go for any make-up look or style that may date too quickly. You don’t want to look back on your photos and regret that you were so on-trend, which then may translate to mildly ridiculous in the future. In the eighties they thought blue eyeshadow up to the browbone was a good idea! Think about the overall theme of your look, if you have an ethereal floaty dress then reflect that in the make-up. Alternatively, if you are wearing a vintage gown then take make-up inspiration from that era. Source: InStyle
- Emotions will be running high and the tears will flow, but don’t let your makeup flow with it. A top tip for crying gracefully while effectively keeping your mascara in one place, is to hold a tissue at the sides of your eyes and let the tears flow into it to avoid damaging your mascara and lashes. And of course invest in a good waterproof mascara! Source: OneFabDay
- Resist the urge to touch your face throughout the day! The oils on your hands will transfer to your skin, which will cause your makeup to budge. Not only that, but the germs on your hands can lead to future breakouts. Source: TheEveryGirl
If you are interested to look your best without the hassle of doing your own makeup, or if you just want to have a little spa retreat with your bridesmaids, contact us! We’re excited to be a part of your special day.
Signature Mobile Spa
19505 68 A Avenue Surrey, BC V4N 6R3