Getting the best shape for your eyebrows without sacrificing their natural appearance can be a tedious and painful process. To help you out, here some beauty tips to score perfect eyebrows at home.
Below are the 3 tips in getting the best shape for your eyebrows:
Choose the Right Tweezers
- To shape the brow, tweezing is probably the best option for accuracy and to prevent mistakes.
- The best tweezers are the ones from Revlon or Tweeze man. Which type (both companies offer several options) works best for you is about personal preference.
- Waxing is an option but it’s hard to control the wax. You may inadvertently remove the wrong hairs.
- Never shave. This presents too big a risk of removing too many hairs at once, leading to a patchy, overly thin or wildly uneven brow. None of that is attractive! Source: PaulasChoice
Ditch Your Magnifying Mirror
This tool can make it look like there’s more hair to remove than there really is, says Streicher, which can lead to over plucking. Instead, use a regular mirror in a well-lit room—if you can’t see stray hairs under these conditions, neither can anyone else. “After every few tweezes, take a couple of steps back to see the bigger picture,” she says. Source: Shape
- Start tweezing the arches in. Hold skin taut and begin removing hairs making the arch by grasping clean tweezers near the base of the hair, pulling in the direction it grows removing the large, dark hairs first (you’ll get fine hairs a bit later). Before removing any more hair on the first brow, put the second brow’s arch in.
- Work on top. If you’re removing any hair from the top of the brow, be cautious. Only take what fine hairs are outside the shape, on the first brow and then the second.
- Work on middle. Now remove the hair from the middle of the two brows that need to go.
- Stand back. Take a look, standing at a distance from the mirror to see if the brows are looking visually balanced so far.
- Fine-tune. Take out any hairs that are necessary to making brows even.
- Remove fine hairs. Once the shape is in, get close to the mirror and remove any fine, light hairs. Dust any hairs off face with towel.
- Soothe skin. If skin is red or irritated, you can apply an aloe-based lotion or gel with a cotton swab. Source: HairRemoval.about.com